Foreign Travel

Foreign Travel

As long as the visit abroad is for no more than 30 days, Haven policyholders are covered in respect of third party liability caused as a result of an incident in any country which:-

(A) Is a member of the European Union. Current members (other than the UK) are:

  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Republic of Ireland
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden


(B) Has satisfied the European Commission it has made arrangements to meet Article 7(2) of the EC Directive on Insurance of Civil Liabilities arising from the use of Motor Vehicles (No 72/166/EEC). These countries are currently Norway, Switzerland, Andorra, Croatia, Iceland and Leichtenstein.

Provided that the insured vehicle is being used for social, domestic and pleasure use unless agreed by us, we will provide cover for using your vehicle abroad.

Please note that the above cover only provides a statutory minimum cover in the countries outlined above. Should additional cover such as Comprehensive cover be required Haven may agree to provide a temporary Foreign Use Extension. Please contact your broker if such cover is required in advance of any trip.

Should cover be required in a country not listed above please contact your broker.

Reporting accidents from Abroad

If you are involved in an accident abroad, please telephone us to report the incident on:
Telephone: (+44) 01732 747100.
E Mail:

Your claim will be administered by

Haven Claims
Suite 2a Second Floor
160 London Road
Kent TN13 1BT

Fax: (+44) 01732 747101

You should provide full details of all parties involved in the accident including the extent of damage and the nature of any injuries.

Where appropriate Haven Claims will appoint foreign representatives who can deal with your claim locally.

Full details of foreign cover will be included in your Policy document.